[ Maliyakal Ravoor Matthan Kurien, alias Maliyakal K. Aaschan, alias Kurien Assan, the founder of the House of Maliyakal ] [ Kuriyan "Mysore" Matthan (1877 - 1951) ] [ Dr. Kurian Kuruvilla ] [ K. George ] [ Mariamma ] [ K. Kurian ] [ Elizabeth ] [ Susan ] [ K. Jacob ] [ Sara ]
Maliyakal Kurian George
Former Chief Secrectary of Travancore Cochin
This page is under construction. It awaits information from several of you out there. If you have anything to add about the family of Maliyakal Dr. Kurian Kuruvilla, his ancestors, his wife and her family, his brothers and sisters, or information about his siblings, we would like to hear from you.
Ravoor may have been the land where his father's house was located. The house name was Maliyakal (also written by some as Malaykal).
This is presently a joint project of several cousins and second cousins, including one in the Middle East, Abu, and another in Finland, Sushil, as well a greatgrandson, Rahul Matthan. Generous inputs have been received from Gracykochamma in the USA and Chinchaya in Bangalore. Many thanks to Omena in Bangalore and Mohan in Canada for providing details of their immediate families. I hope to add photographs of all the individuals listed here from either my photograph archives or from those which have been sent to me.
Many thanks also to Raju (husband of Sunita, daughter of late Padmini), Lalitha, Renu of Dr. Kurian George's family (eldest son of Maliyakal Kurian George, and many others for providing me with the latest facts about the Maliyakal Kurian George family. Many thanks to Sarasu Isaac in Virginia (USA) who has provided details of the Late Mathen George (Babychayan) family. Babychayan was the son of the Maliyakal Kurian George.
Maliyakal Kurian George who was the Chief Secretary in the Government of Travancore Cochin married Mariamma, of the Thalakottu family. They had 8 children, 4 boys and 4 girls.
- Konjunju Dr. Kurien George married to Gracy from Illumpallil family
- Padmini ( - 2002) was married to Raju (Chinnababy - Dr. Kurien Thomas) of Valanjattil, Kottayam.
He retired as the Chief Engineer of Electricity Board, Kerala. He was looked after by Sujatha for hislast 3 yrears as he was totally bedriden who did such a marvellous job taking care of her father.
- Sujata was married toi Kuttan (Dr. Kurian Ninan) who was a Pediatrician
- Simi who is married to Sujit and stays in Dubai.
Simi is a teacher in the International School.
- Sachin works in B'lore.
- Suraj is in the U.S. doing his masters.
- Sunil is married to Mary and lives in Chennai.
Sunil is doing his own buisiness. Mary was a lecturer in the Loyola College till recently.
- Rohan is doing medicine in Pondicherry (2007)
- Ranjan is finishing schooli n 2007
- Sunita Annie (21.4.1963) is married to Raju Jacob.
Sunita is a school teacher with vocal music and cooking as her hobbies. Husband, Raju, is from the Mullamangalam (Vengali branch) family and is the son of the late Vengalil Koshy Jacob. Koshy Jacob was a second cousin of Kurien George. Archdeacon Koshy who brought up Kurien Assan and Raju Jacob's grandfather, Chacko Koshy, were first cousins. Raju's mother is from the Karavelil family, Kaviyor (root: Thazhamon Pakolon Mattam). She is 87 and lives in Thiruvwella. Raju has one brother and 3 sisters. Raju is a Chartered Accountant and is currently working as the Chief Financial officer of a Business Group in Kuwait. Sunita, husband Raju and the two absolutely delightful girls are one of the very few of Sushil's relatives who have taken the trouble to visit Annikki and Sushil in their Arctic outpost (No - not in winter!!).
- Nayana Mariam Jacob 30.09.1988 studying in Carmel School, Kuwait
- Nandita Mariam Jacob 18.12.1992 studying in Carmel School, Kuwait
- Sushil is married to Bindu and lives in Bangalore.
- Lalitha was married to Raju and lives in Chennai.
She is retired from her postas Headmistress of the famous Sishaya School..
- Ajit is married to Dina and lives in Chennai
- Anish, Mechanical Engineer, (Joining Masters in Michigan Ann Arbour, 2007)
- Ajay (Studying Mechanical Engieering, 4th year in 2007)
- Binu is married to Jibby and lives in Singapore
- Divya (Studying medicine, 4th year in 2007)
- Achu (Sneha) is married to Allen and lives in Bangalore
- Ameet (Class 9 in 2007)
- Aashish (Class 6 in 2007)
- Ammu (Prem) is married to Titus and lives in Bamgalore
- Rahul (Class 10 in 2007)
- Nithin (Class 8 in 2007
- Susheela is married to Sunny and lives in Chennai
- Renu is married to Ravi (Ravi Chandi) and lives in Hyderabad
- Sharon is married to Dr. Sheru George and lives in Beaconsfield, England.
- Rachel (13 in 2007)
- Rhea (12 in 2007)
- Shirley is married to Tilu (Titus Mathew) and lives in Chandler, Arizona, USA.
- Aria (8 in 2007)
- Alec ( 5 in 2007)
- Sherin is married to dentist Dr. Romesh Mani, and lives in Kottayam. Romesh's father Dr. K. V. Mani, Sushil's dentist when he was a little boy, is listed in the Guiness Book of Records as the longest practicising dentist and worked on Annikki's teeth when he was 90 years old in the mid 1990's!!
1. Married and divorced Debbie
2. Married to Laura and they live in Calfornia
- Pennama was married to Babychayan (M. M. Philip)
- Mani ( - 2002)
1. Married and divorced Roshini
- George ( - 2004
1. Married and divorced Sujata
- Susheela married K. Mathew (Thomas)
- Rana married Sheilah
- Radhika (1967 - )
- Nikhil (1971 - ) married Preeti
- Rajakutty G. George (1911 - 1984) married Mary (Thankamma)(1914-1994) (of the Chiramel family).
- Mary (Jaya) (1940-1978) married Kurien (Papachen) (Manapurathu).
Papachen lives in Bangalore.
- Ravin Kurian married Nilina (Pulinat)
Ravin works for MRF in their R&D and Nilina works for a BPO (MM Imagine Technologies) at Chennai.
- Priya Kurian married Debashish.
They live in New Zealand. They are lecturers at the University of Waikato in Hamilton.
- Rebecca (Rheba)(1944 - ) married Mathew (Mathukutty - Athimootil family).
They live in Rochester NY. Mathukutty is a Professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology and Rheba is a home maker.
- Vergis (Deepak) married Anuja.
They live in Boston. Deepak works for Intel and Anuja is a scientist in some exotic biotech/microbio(?) field.
- Elizabeth (Mini) married Sundeep.
They live in Rochester. Sundeep is a scientist and Mini is a home maker.
- Elizabeth (Valsa) (1946 - ) married Cherian (Thamby Ð Ooriapadikal family).
They live in Bangalore. Valsa has retired from teaching and Thamby from medicine.
- Abraham (Vinoo) married Priya (Chembagasserril).
They live in Dayton OH. He works in software and Priya is in the HR department of a company.
- Anne (Anita) married Regi (Kaniyarathu).
They live Raleigh NC. Regi works in software (he used to be an engineer on a ship) and Anita works for a pharma company.
- George (Rajeev) (1952 - ) married Sheela (Kadooparambil).
They live in Muscat. Rajeev is an anesthetist and Sheela a home maker.
- Vinod Ð He works in Singapore
- Nitin is doing his MBA in Australia.
- Sarah (Latha) (1956 - ) married Babu (Arippanethu).
They live in Chenganaserry Kerala. Latha and Babu are the managers of banks there.
- Shirin works in software for a company in Chennai.
- Ashish is studying for engineering
- Baby Mathen George ( - ) and Marykutty, Kalakkattu, Kochieparambil, Chengannoor ( - )
(Olivet Textiles and Olivet Handloom Products, Trivandrum)
- Dr. George Mathen (Georgie) in UK is an opthalmogist and is
married to Remani
- Jerry /Engineer) married to Deborah (of England)
- Merry (Teacher) married to Rosh John
- Sheba (Teacher) married to Tommy
- Sarasu (IT Trainer) married to Bijoy Issac (Chief of Design and Engineering, District of Columbia Government, Washington DC) in Virginia, USA
- Tameen (Product Release Manager) married to Vinay Nilakantan from Chennai
- Zareen (Product Release Manager)
- Rani married to Jacob Mathews (Biji), retired and settled in Trivandrum
- Renji (Engineer) working in Trivandrum
- Jerry (Engineer) working in Mysore
- Argy (student)
- Roshni (running a pre-school) married to Alexander Jacob (Alex) in Trivandrum (both of them are Christian missionaries in Trivandrum)
- Sam (Engineer) working in Chennai
- Lisa, doing Masters in Biomedicine
- Steve, finishing engineering studies
- John, doing engineering
- Kunjujamma (Mary) married Kuruvila
- Premila married to Philji
- Sandilya (US)
- Yohaan (US)
- Harish married to Susan
- Georgie married to Padma
- Suresh, engineer working as Project Manager for an IT firm in the US, married to Beena
- Ashwin studying in Maryland, USA
- Nalini married to Sony
- Praveen, engineer married
- Amritha, an engineer
- Renjini married to Georgie a doctor in Maryland
- Sunita married to Brian an American
- Malini married to Stephen an engineer
- Kunju ( - d.)
Please send your comments to:
Kampitie 6 B,
Tel.:+358 - 8 - 33 69 39;
Return to the Main Page: Jacob's Blog
Date last modified: Friday, November 2, 2007
Return to the Top