[ Maliyakal Ravoor Matthan Kurien, alias Maliyakal K. Aaschan, alias Kurien Assan, the founder of the House of Maliyakal ] [ Kuriyan "Mysore" Matthan (1877 - 1951) ] [ Dr. Kurian Kuruvilla ] [ K. George ] [ Mariamma ] [ K. Kurian ] [ Elizabeth ] [ Susan ] [ K. Jacob ] [ Sara ]
Maliyakal Kurian Kurian
This page is under construction. It awaits information from several of you out there. If you have anything to add about the family of Maliyakal Kurian Kurian, his ancestors, his wife and her family, his brothers and sisters, or information about his siblings, we would like to hear from you. Ravoor may have been the land where his father's house was located. The house name was Maliyakal (also written by some as Malaykal).
Ravoor may have been the land where her father's house was located. The house name was Maliyakal (also written by some as Malaykal).
This is presently a joint project of several cousins and second cousins, including one in the Middle East, Abu, and another in Finland, Sushil, as well a greatgrandson, Rahul Matthan. Generous inputs have been received from Gracykochamma in the USA and Chinchaya in Bangalore. Many thanks to Omena in Bangalore and Mohan in Canada for providing details of their immediate families. I hope to add photographs of all the individuals listed here from either my photograph archives or from those which have been sent to me.
Many thanks to Thampi (Mammen Thomas), Pennamma's eldest son, for details of Penamma's family. Penamma is the daughter of Maliyakal Kurian Kurian.
Maliyakal Kurian Kurian married Sosamma of the Kachukuzhyil family and they had 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls.
- Baby Dr. K. Kurien, dentist
- Pratap Kurien Kurien (Electrical Engineer in Kuwait) - married to Dr. Rachel (Gynaecologist)
- Daughter (Dental surgeon) married to Sunil (Computer engineer) in Dubai
- Son (Electronics / telecommunications engineer and CFA /MBA)
- Dr. Mrs. Sosa Kurien (Dental surgeon in Madras)
- Pennamma married to Thomachan (Dr. M. M. Thomas) (Madhathilparampil, Kozhancheri)
- Thampi (Mammen Thomas) (Engineer) - married to Ammu (Elizabeth) living in USA
- Arun (Mammen Thomas) (Engineer) married to Manju, in USA
- Ajit (Peter Thomas) (MBA)
- Anila (Elizabeth Thomas) (medical student)
- Syamala (Dt. Elizabeth Thomas) - married to Dr. John Thomas living in England.
- Sunil (John Thomas) - software programmer
- Tina (Dr. Elizabeth Thomas)
- Dr. Kurien Thomas - married to Dr. Pushpa in Vellore, India
- Kurien (Dr. Reuben Thomas) - married to Dr. Roshna
- Roshan (Kurien Kurien) (medical student)
- Kunjuju (Kuriyan Matthan) married Helen
- Dilip Matthan married Remani
Lived in Saudi Arabia where their two children were born. Moved to New Zealand in 2003. Now live in small and beautiful Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Helena (Maria) Dilip Matthan (1989 - )
Great grand daughter of Maliyakal Kurian Kurian, 2007 Graduated from High School. New Zealand citizen.
- Roy (Popy) Dilip Matthan (1992 - )
2007 In high school. New Zealand citizen.
- George (divorced) lives in Chennai
- Gracie married to Joy (Samuel), a pastor, living in the USA
- Rachelen (Medical student 2007)
- Raflen (Nedical student 2007)
- Arppana (In school 2007)
- Elizabeth (Shanti) married to Deepak (deceased) lives in Mumbai
- Amminey (Elizabeth)
Please send your comments to:
Kampitie 6 B,
Tel.:+358 - 8 - 33 69 39;
Return to the Main Page: JacobŐs Blog
Date last modified: Friday, December 21, 2007
Return to the Top