[ Maliyakal Ravoor Matthan Kurien, alias Maliyakal K. Aaschan, alias Kurien Assan, the founder of the House of Maliyakal ] [ Kuriyan "Mysore" Matthan (1877 - 1951) ] [ Dr. Kurian Kuruvilla ] [ K. George ] [ Mariamma ] [ K. Kurian ] [ Elizabeth ] [ Susan ] [ K. Jacob ] [ Sara ]
Maliyakal Kurien Jacob
This page is under construction. It awaits information from several of you out there. If you have anything to add about the family of Maliyakal Kurien Jacob, his ancestors, his wife and her family, his brothers and sisters, or information about his siblings, we would like to hear from you.
Ravoor may have been the land where his father's house was located. The house name was Maliyakal (also written by some as Malaykal).
This is presently a joint project of several cousins and second cousins, including one in the Middle East, Abu, and another in Finland, Sushil, as well a greatgrandson, Rahul Matthan. Generous inputs have been received from Gracykochamma in the USA and Chinchaya in Bangalore. Many thanks to Omena in Bangalore and Mohan in Canada for providing details of their immediate families. I hope to add photographs of all the individuals listed here from either my photograph archives or from those which have been sent to me.
Much detail have been prvided by Dr. J. Samuel (Sam) which is gratefully appreciated.
Details of his children and their families are given below:
Kurien Jacob ( - 1981 ) married Aley (Bavakutty) ( - 1992) from the Kaduvatoor family, Mavelikara, and they had 5 children, 3 girls and 2 boys. He had an M. A. in Philosophy and taught at the Union Christian College in Alwaye from the 1940s to the 1960s.
- Kunjunachen J. Kurien ( - 1986) bachelor who lived in Alwaye
- Sam Dr. J. Samuel
Books by Dr.J Samuel
- Clinical Sonology by J. Samuel, Published by Jaypee Brothers, EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, DaryaganjNew Delhi-110002
- An aid to Medical endoscopy by J. Samuel, Published by Paras Medical, Hyderbad
- Surgery for PG Surgical studentsby J. Samuel, Published by Jaypee Brothers, EMCA House, 23/23B, Ansari Road, New Delhi-110002
- Case studies in Pelvic Ultrasound by Fullinfa and Samuel, New Central Book Agencies, Kolkota 700009
- The Essentials of Clinical Oncology by Robert De W. Marsh, Florida USA. an J. Samuel, India, Published by Jaypee Brothers, EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi-110002, (A comprehensive Book on Cancer), 56 Chapters and 33 authors)
- A Handbook on Cancer by K Pavithran, Amritha Institute, Cochin and J. Samuel Cochin, Metha Publication, Delhi
- To laugh with Prof. Jacob by J. Samuel, Nettikadan Printers, Cochin (Non Medical)
- married (died 1987)
- Rana Samuel Jacob (Instrument specialist) + Beena from the Poyanil family
- Nidhi (born 1983)
- Nameetha (born 1987)
- Reena + Sajiv
- second marriage in 1989
- Lizzy + A. M. Thomas, Ayrurkuzhi, Putyhencavu, Chenganoor, is widowed and living in Kalamaserry, Cochin
- Arun + living in UAE
- Anila living in Cochin
- Aju ( - 1975)
- Thampan Dr. J. Jacob married Elu (ne Thomas) of the Thevarathundyil family and he is the Director of the St. Stephen's Hospital in Delhi
- Lisa + Bobby in Houston (had twins)
- Reeba + Thommen from the Pulimood family living in U.K.
- Kochumariamma married C. I. Thomas and living in Pathanapuram
Please send your comments to:
Kampitie 6 B,
Tel.:+358 - 8 - 33 69 39;
Return to the Main Page: JacobŐs Blog
Date last modified: Friday, November 2, 2007
Return to the Top